Subject: Re: [PATCH 6.17 000/160] 6.17.5-rc2 review

From: Naresh Kamboju <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2025 12:37:26 +0530

On Wed, 22 Oct 2025 at 11:04, Greg Kroah-Hartman
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 6.17.5 release.
> There are 160 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
> to this one.  If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
> let me know.
>
> Responses should be made by Fri, 24 Oct 2025 05:33:10 +0000.
> Anything received after that time might be too late.
>
> The whole patch series can be found in one patch at:
>         https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v6.x/stable-review/patch-6.17.5-rc2.gz
> or in the git tree and branch at:
>         git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git linux-6.17.y
> and the diffstat can be found below.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Results from Linaro’s test farm.
No regressions on arm64, arm, x86_64, and i386.

Tested-by: Linux Kernel Functional Testing <[email-masked]>

## Build
* kernel: 6.17.5-rc2
* git: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
* git commit: 3cc198d00990d2fccf1413a30fa9ecfa9a02d35d
* git describe: v6.17.4-161-g3cc198d00990
* test details:
https://qa-reports.linaro.org/lkft/linux-stable-rc-linux-6.17.y/build/v6.17.4-161-g3cc198d00990

## Test Regressions (compared to v6.17.3-372-g396c6daa5f57)

## Metric Regressions (compared to v6.17.3-372-g396c6daa5f57)

## Test Fixes (compared to v6.17.3-372-g396c6daa5f57)

## Metric Fixes (compared to v6.17.3-372-g396c6daa5f57)

## Test result summary
total: 129304, pass: 109260, fail: 4449, skip: 15595, xfail: 0

## Build Summary
* arc: 5 total, 5 passed, 0 failed
* arm: 139 total, 139 passed, 0 failed
* arm64: 57 total, 54 passed, 3 failed
* i386: 18 total, 18 passed, 0 failed
* mips: 34 total, 33 passed, 1 failed
* parisc: 4 total, 4 passed, 0 failed
* powerpc: 40 total, 39 passed, 1 failed
* riscv: 25 total, 25 passed, 0 failed
* s390: 22 total, 22 passed, 0 failed
* sh: 5 total, 5 passed, 0 failed
* sparc: 4 total, 3 passed, 1 failed
* x86_64: 49 total, 48 passed, 1 failed

## Test suites summary
* boot
* commands
* kselftest-arm64
* kselftest-breakpoints
* kselftest-capabilities
* kselftest-cgroup
* kselftest-clone3
* kselftest-core
* kselftest-cpu-hotplug
* kselftest-cpufreq
* kselftest-efivarfs
* kselftest-exec
* kselftest-fpu
* kselftest-ftrace
* kselftest-futex
* kselftest-gpio
* kselftest-intel_pstate
* kselftest-ipc
* kselftest-kcmp
* kselftest-kvm
* kselftest-livepatch
* kselftest-membarrier
* kselftest-memfd
* kselftest-mincore
* kselftest-mm
* kselftest-mqueue
* kselftest-net
* kselftest-net-mptcp
* kselftest-openat2
* kselftest-ptrace
* kselftest-rseq
* kselftest-rtc
* kselftest-rust
* kselftest-seccomp
* kselftest-sigaltstack
* kselftest-size
* kselftest-tc-testing
* kselftest-timers
* kselftest-tmpfs
* kselftest-tpm2
* kselftest-user_events
* kselftest-vDSO
* kselftest-x86
* kunit
* kvm-unit-tests
* lava
* libgpiod
* libhugetlbfs
* log-parser-boot
* log-parser-build-clang
* log-parser-build-gcc
* log-parser-test
* ltp-capability
* ltp-commands
* ltp-containers
* ltp-controllers
* ltp-cpuhotplug
* ltp-crypto
* ltp-cve
* ltp-dio
* ltp-fcntl-locktests
* ltp-fs
* ltp-fs_bind
* ltp-fs_perms_simple
* ltp-hugetlb
* ltp-math
* ltp-mm
* ltp-nptl
* ltp-pty
* ltp-sched
* ltp-smoke
* ltp-syscalls
* ltp-tracing
* perf
* rcutorture
* rt-tests-cyclicdeadline
* rt-tests-pi-stress
* rt-tests-pmqtest
* rt-tests-rt-migrate-test
* rt-tests-signaltest

--
Linaro LKFT
https://lkft.linaro.org

---

From: Hardik Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 23:27:27 -0700

The kernel, bpf tool, perf tool, and kselftest builds fine for v6.17.5-rc2 on x86 and arm64 Azure VM.

Tested-by: Hardik Garg <[email-masked]>

Thanks,
Hardik

---

From: Justin Forbes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 19:20:25 -0600

> and the diffstat can be found below.

Tested rc2 against the Fedora build system (aarch64, ppc64le, s390x,
x86_64), and boot tested x86_64. No regressions noted.

Tested-by: Justin M. Forbes <[email-masked]>

---

From: Dileep malepu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 23:53:09 +0530

Hii Greg,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2025 at 11:04 AM Greg Kroah-Hartman
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> -------------

Build and boot tested 6.17.5-rc2 using qemu-x86_64. The kernel was
successfully built and booted in a virtualized environment without any
issues.

Build
kernel: 6.17.5-rc2
git: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
git commit: 3cc198d00990d2fccf1413a30fa9ecfa9a02d35d

Tested-by: Dileep Malepu <[email-masked]>

Best regards
Dileep Malepu.

---

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 19:02:59 +0100

> to this one.  If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please

Tested-by: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>

---

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 10:43:55 -0700

> and the diffstat can be found below.

On ARCH_BRCMSTB using 32-bit and 64-bit ARM kernels, build tested on 
BMIPS_GENERIC:

Tested-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
-- 
Florian

---

From: Markus Reichelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 18:28:26 +0200

> Anything received after that time might be too late.

Hi Greg

6.17.5-rc2 compiles on x86_64 (Xeon E5-1620 v2, Slackware64-15.0),
and boots & runs on x86_64 (AMD Ryzen 5 7520U, Slackware64-current).
No regressions observed.

Tested-by: Markus Reichelt <[email-masked]>

---

From: Jon Hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 08:05:21 -0700

> and the diffstat can be found below.

All tests passing for Tegra ...

Test results for stable-v6.17:
    10 builds:	10 pass, 0 fail
    28 boots:	28 pass, 0 fail
    120 tests:	120 pass, 0 fail

Linux version:	6.17.5-rc2-g3cc198d00990
Boards tested:	tegra124-jetson-tk1, tegra186-p2771-0000,
                tegra186-p3509-0000+p3636-0001, tegra194-p2972-0000,
                tegra194-p3509-0000+p3668-0000, tegra20-ventana,
                tegra210-p2371-2180, tegra210-p3450-0000,
                tegra30-cardhu-a04

Tested-by: Jon Hunter <[email-masked]>

Jon

---

From: Peter Schneider <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 14:28:02 +0200

> to this one.  If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please

Builds, boots and works on my 2-socket Ivy Bridge Xeon E5-2697 v2 server. No more screen problems, no dmesg oddities or 
regressions found.

Tested-by: Peter Schneider <[email-masked]>

Beste Grüße,
Peter Schneider

-- 
Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge,
enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world,
not so the world can see you.                    -- David McCullough Jr.

OpenPGP:  0xA3828BD796CCE11A8CADE8866E3A92C92C3FF244
Download: https://www.peters-netzplatz.de/download/pschneider1968_pub.asc
https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=[email-masked]
https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=[email-masked]

---

From: Takeshi Ogasawara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 21:02:26 +0900

Hi Greg

> and the diffstat can be found below.

6.17.5-rc2 tested.

Build successfully completed.
Boot successfully completed.
No dmesg regressions.
Video output normal.
Sound output normal.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen10(Intel i7-1260P(x86_64) arch linux)

[    0.000000] Linux version 6.17.5-rc2rv-g3cc198d00990
(takeshi@ThinkPadX1Gen10J0764) (gcc (GCC) 15.2.1 20250813, GNU ld (GNU
Binutils) 2.45.0) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Oct 22 19:52:46 JST 2025

Thanks

Tested-by: Takeshi Ogasawara <[email-masked]>

---

From: Ron Economos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 03:29:13 -0700

> and the diffstat can be found below.

Built and booted successfully on RISC-V RV64 (HiFive Unmatched).

Tested-by: Ron Economos <[email-masked]>

---

From: Brett A C Sheffield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 08:55:36 +0000

# Librecast Test Results

020/020 [ OK ] liblcrq
010/010 [ OK ] libmld
120/120 [ OK ] liblibrecast

CPU/kernel: Linux auntie 6.17.5-rc2-g3cc198d00990 #115 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Oct 22 08:36:08 -00 2025 x86_64 AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Tested-by: Brett A C Sheffield <[email-masked]>

---

From: Ronald Warsow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 08:24:23 +0200

Hi

no regressions here on x86_64 (RKL, Intel 11th Gen. CPU)

Thanks

Tested-by: Ronald Warsow <[email-masked]>

---

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 07:34:14 +0200

thanks,

greg k-h

-------------
Pseudo-Shortlog of commits:

Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
    Linux 6.17.5-rc2

Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Fix an IS_ERR() vs NULL bug in xe_tile_alloc_vram()

Rafael J. Wysocki <[email-masked]>
    PM: hibernate: Fix pm_hibernation_mode_is_suspend() build breakage

Matthew Brost <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Don't allow evicting of BOs in same VM in array of VM binds

Lucas De Marchi <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Move rebar to be done earlier

Piotr Piórkowski <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Unify the initialization of VRAM regions

Piotr Piórkowski <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Move struct xe_vram_region to a dedicated header

Piotr Piórkowski <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Use dynamic allocation for tile and device VRAM region structures

Piotr Piórkowski <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Use devm_ioremap_wc for VRAM mapping and drop manual unmap

Devarsh Thakkar <[email-masked]>
    phy: cadence: cdns-dphy: Update calibration wait time for startup state machine

Dave Jiang <[email-masked]>
    cxl: Fix match_region_by_range() to use region_res_match_cxl_range()

Babu Moger <[email-masked]>
    x86/resctrl: Fix miscount of bandwidth event when reactivating previously unavailable RMID

Babu Moger <[email-masked]>
    x86/resctrl: Refactor resctrl_arch_rmid_read()

Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
    NFSD: Define a proc_layoutcommit for the FlexFiles layout type

Devarsh Thakkar <[email-masked]>
    phy: cadence: cdns-dphy: Fix PLL lock and O_CMN_READY polling

Tomi Valkeinen <[email-masked]>
    phy: cdns-dphy: Store hs_clk_rate and return it

Sergey Bashirov <[email-masked]>
    NFSD: Fix last write offset handling in layoutcommit

Sergey Bashirov <[email-masked]>
    NFSD: Implement large extent array support in pNFS

Sergey Bashirov <[email-masked]>
    NFSD: Minor cleanup in layoutcommit processing

Sergey Bashirov <[email-masked]>
    NFSD: Rework encoding and decoding of nfsd4_deviceid

Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
    xfs: fix log CRC mismatches between i386 and other architectures

Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
    xfs: rename the old_crc variable in xlog_recover_process

Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
    arm64: errata: Apply workarounds for Neoverse-V3AE

Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
    arm64: cputype: Add Neoverse-V3AE definitions

Ada Couprie Diaz <[email-masked]>
    arm64: debug: always unmask interrupts in el0_softstp()

Viacheslav Dubeyko <[email-masked]>
    hfsplus: fix slab-out-of-bounds read in hfsplus_strcasecmp()

Miguel Ojeda <[email-masked]>
    rust: cpufreq: fix formatting

Wilfred Mallawa <[email-masked]>
    nvme/tcp: handle tls partially sent records in write_space()

Xing Guo <[email-masked]>
    selftests: arg_parsing: Ensure data is flushed to disk before reading.

Matthew Auld <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe/evict: drop bogus assert

Li Qiang <[email-masked]>
    ASoC: amd/sdw_utils: avoid NULL deref when devm_kasprintf() fails

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <[email-masked]>
    HID: multitouch: fix name of Stylus input devices

Dmitry Torokhov <[email-masked]>
    HID: hid-input: only ignore 0 battery events for digitizers

Ming Lei <[email-masked]>
    block: Remove elevator_lock usage from blkg_conf frozen operations

Yu Kuai <[email-masked]>
    blk-mq: fix stale tag depth for shared sched tags in blk_mq_update_nr_requests()

Jiaming Zhang <[email-masked]>
    ALSA: usb-audio: Fix NULL pointer deference in try_to_register_card

Andrii Nakryiko <[email-masked]>
    selftests/bpf: make arg_parsing.c more robust to crashes

Alison Schofield <[email-masked]>
    cxl/trace: Subtract to find an hpa_alias0 in cxl_poison events

Martin George <[email-masked]>
    nvme-auth: update sc_c in host response

Pranjal Ramajor Asha Kanojiya <[email-masked]>
    accel/qaic: Synchronize access to DBC request queue head & tail pointer

Youssef Samir <[email-masked]>
    accel/qaic: Treat remaining == 0 as error in find_and_map_user_pages()

Jeff Hugo <[email-masked]>
    accel/qaic: Fix bootlog initialization ordering

Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
    ALSA: firewire: amdtp-stream: fix enum kernel-doc warnings

Vincent Guittot <[email-masked]>
    sched/fair: Fix pelt lost idle time detection

Peter Zijlstra (Intel) <[email-masked]>
    sched/deadline: Stop dl_server before CPU goes offline

Even Xu <[email-masked]>
    HID: intel-thc-hid: Intel-quickspi: switch first interrupt from level to edge detection

Alok Tiwari <[email-masked]>
    drm/rockchip: vop2: use correct destination rectangle height check

Francesco Valla <[email-masked]>
    drm/draw: fix color truncation in drm_draw_fill24

Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
    x86/mm: Fix SMP ordering in switch_mm_irqs_off()

Dave Jiang <[email-masked]>
    cxl/features: Add check for no entries in cxl_feature_info

Vinay Belgaumkar <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Enable media sampler power gating

Timur Kristóf <[email-masked]>
    drm/amd/powerplay: Fix CIK shutdown temperature

Alex Deucher <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: drop unused structures in amdgpu_drm.h

Alex Deucher <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: set an error on all fences from a bad context

Alex Deucher <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: handle wrap around in reemit handling

Alex Deucher <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: fix handling of harvesting for ip_discovery firmware

Alex Deucher <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: add support for cyan skillfish without IP discovery

Alex Deucher <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: add ip offset support for cyan skillfish

Ville Syrjälä <[email-masked]>
    drm/i915/fb: Fix the set_tiling vs. addfb race, again

Ville Syrjälä <[email-masked]>
    drm/i915/frontbuffer: Move bo refcounting intel_frontbuffer_{get,release}()

Zhanjun Dong <[email-masked]>
    drm/i915/guc: Skip communication warning on reset in progress

Cristian Ciocaltea <[email-masked]>
    ASoC: nau8821: Add DMI quirk to bypass jack debounce circuit

Cristian Ciocaltea <[email-masked]>
    ASoC: nau8821: Consistently clear interrupts before unmasking

Cristian Ciocaltea <[email-masked]>
    ASoC: nau8821: Generalize helper to clear IRQ status

Cristian Ciocaltea <[email-masked]>
    ASoC: nau8821: Cancel jdet_work before handling jack ejection

Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
    ASoC: codecs: Fix gain setting ranges for Renesas IDT821034 codec

Sourabh Jain <[email-masked]>
    powerpc/fadump: skip parameter area allocation when fadump is disabled

Marek Vasut <[email-masked]>
    drm/bridge: lt9211: Drop check for last nibble of version register

Fabian Vogt <[email-masked]>
    riscv: kprobes: Fix probe address validation

Amit Chaudhary <[email-masked]>
    nvme-multipath: Skip nr_active increments in RETRY disposition

Ketil Johnsen <[email-masked]>
    drm/panthor: Ensure MCU is disabled on suspend

I Viswanath <[email-masked]>
    net: usb: lan78xx: fix use of improperly initialized dev->chipid in lan78xx_reset

Breno Leitao <[email-masked]>
    netdevsim: set the carrier when the device goes up

Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
    tls: don't rely on tx_work during send()

Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
    tls: wait for pending async decryptions if tls_strp_msg_hold fails

Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
    tls: always set record_type in tls_process_cmsg

Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
    tls: wait for async encrypt in case of error during latter iterations of sendmsg

Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
    tls: trim encrypted message to match the plaintext on short splice

Alexey Simakov <[email-masked]>
    tg3: prevent use of uninitialized remote_adv and local_adv variables

Marios Makassikis <[email-masked]>
    ksmbd: fix recursive locking in RPC handle list access

Florian Westphal <[email-masked]>
    net: core: fix lockdep splat on device unregister

Wang Liang <[email-masked]>
    selftests: net: check jq command is supported

Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>
    net: airoha: Take into account out-of-order tx completions in airoha_dev_xmit()

Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
    tcp: fix tcp_tso_should_defer() vs large RTT

Zqiang <[email-masked]>
    usbnet: Fix using smp_processor_id() in preemptible code warnings

Harshit Mogalapalli <[email-masked]>
    Octeontx2-af: Fix missing error code in cgx_probe()

Raju Rangoju <[email-masked]>
    amd-xgbe: Avoid spurious link down messages during interface toggle

Marek Vasut <[email-masked]>
    net: phy: realtek: Avoid PHYCR2 access if PHYCR2 not present

Koichiro Den <[email-masked]>
    ixgbe: fix too early devlink_free() in ixgbe_remove()

Milena Olech <[email-masked]>
    idpf: cleanup remaining SKBs in PTP flows

Dmitry Safonov <[email-masked]>
    net/ip6_tunnel: Prevent perpetual tunnel growth

Kamil Horák - 2N <[email-masked]>
    net: phy: bcm54811: Fix GMII/MII/MII-Lite selection

Linmao Li <[email-masked]>
    r8169: fix packet truncation after S4 resume on RTL8168H/RTL8111H

Ivan Vecera <[email-masked]>
    dpll: zl3073x: Handle missing or corrupted flash configuration

Ivan Vecera <[email-masked]>
    dpll: zl3073x: Refactor DPLL initialization

Tetsuo Handa <[email-masked]>
    can: j1939: add missing calls in NETDEV_UNREGISTER notification handler

Nicolas Dichtel <[email-masked]>
    doc: fix seg6_flowlabel path

Yeounsu Moon <[email-masked]>
    net: dlink: handle dma_map_single() failure properly

Rex Lu <[email-masked]>
    net: mtk: wed: add dma mask limitation and GFP_DMA32 for device with more than 4GB DRAM

Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
    can: m_can: fix CAN state in system PM

Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
    can: m_can: m_can_chip_config(): bring up interface in correct state

Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
    can: m_can: m_can_handle_state_errors(): fix CAN state transition to Error Active

Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
    can: m_can: m_can_plat_remove(): add missing pm_runtime_disable()

Christian Brauner <[email-masked]>
    coredump: fix core_pattern input validation

Yuezhang Mo <[email-masked]>
    dax: skip read lock assertion for read-only filesystems

Benjamin Tissoires <[email-masked]>
    HID: multitouch: fix sticky fingers

Kuen-Han Tsai <[email-masked]>
    usb: gadget: f_ncm: Refactor bind path to use __free()

Kuen-Han Tsai <[email-masked]>
    usb: gadget: f_ecm: Refactor bind path to use __free()

Kuen-Han Tsai <[email-masked]>
    usb: gadget: f_acm: Refactor bind path to use __free()

Kuen-Han Tsai <[email-masked]>
    usb: gadget: f_rndis: Refactor bind path to use __free()

Kuen-Han Tsai <[email-masked]>
    usb: gadget: Introduce free_usb_request helper

Kuen-Han Tsai <[email-masked]>
    usb: gadget: Store endpoint pointer in usb_request

Guoniu Zhou <[email-masked]>
    media: nxp: imx8-isi: m2m: Fix streaming cleanup on release

Mario Limonciello (AMD) <[email-masked]>
    drm/amd: Fix hybrid sleep

Mario Limonciello (AMD) <[email-masked]>
    PM: hibernate: Add pm_hibernation_mode_is_suspend()

Mario Limonciello <[email-masked]>
    drm/amd: Check whether secure display TA loaded successfully

Adrian Hunter <[email-masked]>
    perf/core: Fix MMAP2 event device with backing files

Adrian Hunter <[email-masked]>
    perf/core: Fix MMAP event path names with backing files

Adrian Hunter <[email-masked]>
    perf/core: Fix address filter match with backing files

Kenneth Graunke <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe: Increase global invalidation timeout to 1000us

Jonathan Kim <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: fix gfx12 mes packet status return check

Gui-Dong Han <[email-masked]>
    drm/amdgpu: use atomic functions with memory barriers for vm fault info

Tvrtko Ursulin <[email-masked]>
    drm/sched: Fix potential double free in drm_sched_job_add_resv_dependencies

Denis Arefev <[email-masked]>
    ALSA: hda: Fix missing pointer check in hda_component_manager_init function

Denis Arefev <[email-masked]>
    ALSA: hda: cs35l41: Fix NULL pointer dereference in cs35l41_get_acpi_mute_state()

Takashi Iwai <[email-masked]>
    ALSA: hda/realtek: Add quirk entry for HP ZBook 17 G6

Stuart Hayhurst <[email-masked]>
    ALSA: hda/intel: Add MSI X870E Tomahawk to denylist

Dave Jiang <[email-masked]>
    cxl/acpi: Fix setup of memory resource in cxl_acpi_set_cache_size()

Eugene Korenevsky <[email-masked]>
    cifs: parse_dfs_referrals: prevent oob on malformed input

Celeste Liu <[email-masked]>
    can: gs_usb: increase max interface to U8_MAX

Celeste Liu <[email-masked]>
    can: gs_usb: gs_make_candev(): populate net_device->dev_port

Filipe Manana <[email-masked]>
    btrfs: do not assert we found block group item when creating free space tree

Miquel Sabaté Solà <[email-masked]>
    btrfs: fix memory leaks when rejecting a non SINGLE data profile without an RST

Boris Burkov <[email-masked]>
    btrfs: fix incorrect readahead expansion length

Qu Wenruo <[email-masked]>
    btrfs: only set the device specific options after devices are opened

Miquel Sabaté Solà <[email-masked]>
    btrfs: fix memory leak on duplicated memory in the qgroup assign ioctl

Filipe Manana <[email-masked]>
    btrfs: fix clearing of BTRFS_FS_RELOC_RUNNING if relocation already running

Deepanshu Kartikey <[email-masked]>
    ext4: detect invalid INLINE_DATA + EXTENTS flag combination

Zhang Yi <[email-masked]>
    ext4: wait for ongoing I/O to complete before freeing blocks

Zhang Yi <[email-masked]>
    jbd2: ensure that all ongoing I/O complete before freeing blocks

Tim Hostetler <[email-masked]>
    gve: Check valid ts bit on RX descriptor before hw timestamping

Jaegeuk Kim <[email-masked]>
    f2fs: fix wrong block mapping for multi-devices

Oliver Upton <[email-masked]>
    KVM: arm64: Prevent access to vCPU events before init

Bhanu Seshu Kumar Valluri <[email-masked]>
    net: usb: lan78xx: Fix lost EEPROM write timeout error(-ETIMEDOUT) in lan78xx_write_raw_eeprom

Yi Cong <[email-masked]>
    r8152: add error handling in rtl8152_driver_init

Matthew Schwartz <[email-masked]>
    Revert "drm/amd/display: Only restore backlight after amdgpu_dm_init or dm_resume"

Pavel Begunkov <[email-masked]>
    io_uring: protect mem region deregistration

Jens Axboe <[email-masked]>
    Revert "io_uring/rw: drop -EOPNOTSUPP check in __io_complete_rw_common()"

Hao Ge <[email-masked]>
    slab: reset slab->obj_ext when freeing and it is OBJEXTS_ALLOC_FAIL

Rong Zhang <[email-masked]>
    x86/CPU/AMD: Prevent reset reasons from being retained across reboot

Shuhao Fu <[email-masked]>
    smb: client: Fix refcount leak for cifs_sb_tlink

Conor Dooley <[email-masked]>
    rust: cfi: only 64-bit arm and x86 support CFI_CLANG

Jedrzej Jagielski <[email-masked]>
    ixgbevf: fix mailbox API compatibility by negotiating supported features

Jedrzej Jagielski <[email-masked]>
    ixgbevf: fix getting link speed data for E610 devices

Shuicheng Lin <[email-masked]>
    drm/xe/guc: Check GuC running state before deregistering exec queue

Lorenzo Pieralisi <[email-masked]>
    arm64/sysreg: Fix GIC CDEOI instruction encoding

Damien Le Moal <[email-masked]>
    ata: libata-core: relax checks in ata_read_log_directory()

Jan Kara <[email-masked]>
    vfs: Don't leak disconnected dentries on umount

Inochi Amaoto <[email-masked]>
    PCI: vmd: Override irq_startup()/irq_shutdown() in vmd_init_dev_msi_info()

Andrey Albershteyn <[email-masked]>
    Revert "fs: make vfs_fileattr_[get|set] return -EOPNOTSUPP"

Jonathan Corbet <[email-masked]>
    docs: kdoc: handle the obsolescensce of docutils.ErrorString()

-------------

Diffstat:

 Documentation/arch/arm64/silicon-errata.rst        |   2 +
 Documentation/networking/seg6-sysctl.rst           |   3 +
 Documentation/sphinx/kernel_feat.py                |   4 +-
 Documentation/sphinx/kernel_include.py             |   6 +-
 Documentation/sphinx/maintainers_include.py        |   4 +-
 Makefile                                           |   4 +-
 arch/Kconfig                                       |   1 +
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                                 |   1 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/cputype.h                   |   2 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h                    |  11 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu_errata.c                     |   1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/entry-common.c                   |   8 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/arm.c                               |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c                       |   3 +
 arch/riscv/kernel/probes/kprobes.c                 |  13 +-
 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/amd.c                          |  16 +-
 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/resctrl/monitor.c              |  46 ++--
 arch/x86/mm/tlb.c                                  |  24 +-
 block/blk-cgroup.c                                 |  13 +-
 block/blk-mq-sched.c                               |   2 +-
 block/blk-mq-tag.c                                 |   5 +-
 block/blk-mq.c                                     |   2 +-
 block/blk-mq.h                                     |   3 +-
 drivers/accel/qaic/qaic.h                          |   2 +
 drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_control.c                  |   2 +-
 drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_data.c                     |  12 +-
 drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_debugfs.c                  |   5 +-
 drivers/accel/qaic/qaic_drv.c                      |   3 +
 drivers/ata/libata-core.c                          |  11 +-
 drivers/cxl/acpi.c                                 |   2 +-
 drivers/cxl/core/features.c                        |   3 +
 drivers/cxl/core/region.c                          |   7 +-
 drivers/cxl/core/trace.h                           |   2 +-
 drivers/dpll/zl3073x/core.c                        | 280 +++++++++++++--------
 drivers/dpll/zl3073x/core.h                        |   3 +
 drivers/dpll/zl3073x/devlink.c                     |  18 +-
 drivers/dpll/zl3073x/regs.h                        |   3 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/Makefile                |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_amdkfd_gpuvm.c   |   5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_discovery.c      |  48 +++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c            |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_fence.c          |  54 +++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_psp.c            |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ring.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ring.h           |   2 +-
 .../gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_reg_init.c   |  56 +++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/gmc_v7_0.c              |   7 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/gmc_v8_0.c              |   7 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/mes_v12_0.c             |   7 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/nv.h                    |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c  |  12 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.h  |   7 -
 .../gpu/drm/amd/pm/powerplay/hwmgr/smu7_hwmgr.c    |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/lontium-lt9211.c            |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_draw.c                         |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_draw_internal.h                |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/display/intel_fb.c            |  38 +--
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/display/intel_frontbuffer.c   |  10 +-
 .../gpu/drm/i915/gem/i915_gem_object_frontbuffer.h |   2 -
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/uc/intel_guc_ct.c          |   9 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_fw.c               |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/rockchip_drm_vop2.c       |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/scheduler/sched_main.c             |  13 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/display/xe_fb_pin.c             |   5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/display/xe_plane_initial.c      |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/regs/xe_gt_regs.h               |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_assert.h                     |   4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_bo.c                         |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_bo.h                         |   4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_bo_evict.c                   |   8 -
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_bo_types.h                   |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_device.c                     |  22 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_device_types.h               |  62 +----
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_gt_idle.c                    |   8 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_gt_pagefault.c               |  13 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_gt_sriov_pf_config.c         |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_guc_submit.c                 |  13 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_migrate.c                    |  25 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_pci.c                        |   8 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_query.c                      |   5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_svm.c                        |  63 ++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_tile.c                       |  58 +++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_tile.h                       |  14 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_ttm_stolen_mgr.c             |  10 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_ttm_vram_mgr.c               |  22 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_ttm_vram_mgr.h               |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_vm.c                         |  32 ++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_vm_types.h                   |   2 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_vram.c                       | 245 +++++++++++++-----
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_vram.h                       |  14 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_vram_types.h                 |  85 +++++++
 drivers/hid/hid-input.c                            |   5 +-
 drivers/hid/hid-multitouch.c                       |  28 ++-
 .../intel-quickspi/quickspi-protocol.c             |   3 +-
 drivers/media/platform/nxp/imx8-isi/imx8-isi-m2m.c | 226 +++++++----------
 drivers/net/can/m_can/m_can.c                      |  64 +++--
 drivers/net/can/m_can/m_can_platform.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/net/can/usb/gs_usb.c                       |  23 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/airoha/airoha_eth.c           |  16 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-drv.c           |   1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-mdio.c          |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/tg3.c                |   5 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/dlink/dl2k.c                  |  23 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/google/gve/gve.h              |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/google/gve/gve_desc_dqo.h     |   3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/google/gve/gve_rx_dqo.c       |  16 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_ptp.c         |   3 +
 .../net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_virtchnl_ptp.c    |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c      |   3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/defines.h       |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ipsec.c         |  10 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf.h       |   7 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c  |  34 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/mbx.h           |   8 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/vf.c            | 182 +++++++++++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/vf.h            |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/cgx.c    |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_wed.c            |   8 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/r8169_main.c          |   5 +-
 drivers/net/netdevsim/netdev.c                     |   7 +
 drivers/net/phy/broadcom.c                         |  20 +-
 drivers/net/phy/realtek/realtek_main.c             |  23 +-
 drivers/net/usb/lan78xx.c                          |  19 +-
 drivers/net/usb/r8152.c                            |   7 +-
 drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c                           |   2 +
 drivers/nvme/host/auth.c                           |   6 +-
 drivers/nvme/host/multipath.c                      |   6 +-
 drivers/nvme/host/tcp.c                            |   3 +
 drivers/pci/controller/vmd.c                       |  13 +
 drivers/phy/cadence/cdns-dphy.c                    | 133 +++++++---
 drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_acm.c                |  42 ++--
 drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_ecm.c                |  48 ++--
 drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_ncm.c                |  78 +++---
 drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_rndis.c              |  85 +++----
 drivers/usb/gadget/udc/core.c                      |   3 +
 fs/btrfs/extent_io.c                               |   2 +-
 fs/btrfs/free-space-tree.c                         |  15 +-
 fs/btrfs/ioctl.c                                   |   2 +-
 fs/btrfs/relocation.c                              |  13 +-
 fs/btrfs/super.c                                   |   3 +-
 fs/btrfs/zoned.c                                   |   2 +-
 fs/coredump.c                                      |   2 +-
 fs/dax.c                                           |   2 +-
 fs/dcache.c                                        |   2 +
 fs/exec.c                                          |   2 +-
 fs/ext4/ext4_jbd2.c                                |  11 +-
 fs/ext4/inode.c                                    |   8 +
 fs/f2fs/data.c                                     |   2 +-
 fs/file_attr.c                                     |  12 +-
 fs/fuse/ioctl.c                                    |   4 -
 fs/hfsplus/unicode.c                               |  24 ++
 fs/jbd2/transaction.c                              |  13 +-
 fs/nfsd/blocklayout.c                              |  25 +-
 fs/nfsd/blocklayoutxdr.c                           |  86 ++++---
 fs/nfsd/blocklayoutxdr.h                           |   4 +-
 fs/nfsd/flexfilelayout.c                           |   8 +
 fs/nfsd/flexfilelayoutxdr.c                        |   3 +-
 fs/nfsd/nfs4layouts.c                              |   1 -
 fs/nfsd/nfs4proc.c                                 |  36 ++-
 fs/nfsd/nfs4xdr.c                                  |  25 +-
 fs/nfsd/pnfs.h                                     |   1 +
 fs/nfsd/xdr4.h                                     |  39 ++-
 fs/overlayfs/copy_up.c                             |   2 +-
 fs/overlayfs/inode.c                               |   5 +-
 fs/smb/client/inode.c                              |   6 +-
 fs/smb/client/misc.c                               |  17 ++
 fs/smb/client/smb2ops.c                            |   8 +-
 fs/smb/server/mgmt/user_session.c                  |   7 +-
 fs/smb/server/smb2pdu.c                            |   9 +-
 fs/smb/server/transport_ipc.c                      |  12 +
 fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_log_format.h                     |  30 ++-
 fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_ondisk.h                         |   2 +
 fs/xfs/xfs_log.c                                   |   8 +-
 fs/xfs/xfs_log_priv.h                              |   4 +-
 fs/xfs/xfs_log_recover.c                           |  34 ++-
 include/linux/brcmphy.h                            |   1 +
 include/linux/libata.h                             |   6 +
 include/linux/suspend.h                            |   6 +
 include/linux/usb/gadget.h                         |  25 ++
 include/net/ip_tunnels.h                           |  15 ++
 include/uapi/drm/amdgpu_drm.h                      |  21 --
 io_uring/register.c                                |   1 +
 io_uring/rw.c                                      |   2 +-
 kernel/events/core.c                               |   8 +-
 kernel/power/hibernate.c                           |  11 +
 kernel/sched/core.c                                |   2 +
 kernel/sched/deadline.c                            |   3 +
 kernel/sched/fair.c                                |  26 +-
 mm/slub.c                                          |   9 +-
 net/can/j1939/main.c                               |   2 +
 net/core/dev.c                                     |  40 ++-
 net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c                               |  14 --
 net/ipv4/tcp_output.c                              |  19 +-
 net/ipv6/ip6_tunnel.c                              |   3 +-
 net/tls/tls_main.c                                 |   7 +-
 net/tls/tls_sw.c                                   |  31 ++-
 rust/kernel/cpufreq.rs                             |   3 +-
 sound/firewire/amdtp-stream.h                      |   2 +-
 sound/hda/codecs/realtek/alc269.c                  |   1 +
 sound/hda/codecs/side-codecs/cs35l41_hda.c         |   2 +
 sound/hda/codecs/side-codecs/hda_component.c       |   4 +
 sound/hda/controllers/intel.c                      |   1 +
 sound/soc/amd/acp/acp-sdw-sof-mach.c               |   2 +-
 sound/soc/codecs/idt821034.c                       |  12 +-
 sound/soc/codecs/nau8821.c                         | 115 +++++----
 sound/usb/card.c                                   |  10 +-
 .../testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/arg_parsing.c |  12 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/net/rtnetlink.sh           |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/vlan_bridge_binding.sh |   2 +
 209 files changed, 2401 insertions(+), 1254 deletions(-)