Subject: RE: [PATCH v2 01/27 5.10.y] overflow, tracing: Define the is_signed_type() macro once

From: "Farber, Eliav" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2025 12:16:27 +0000

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2025 at 09:04:53AM +0000, Eliav Farber wrote:
> > From: Bart Van Assche <[email-masked]>
> >
> > [ Upstream commit 92d23c6e94157739b997cacce151586a0d07bb8a ]
>
> This isn't in 5.15.y, why is it needed in 5.10.y?

This is the mainline commit:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/include/linux/overflow.h?h=v6.18-rc1&id=92d23c6e94157739b997cacce151586a0d07bb8a

The commit hash is 92d23c6e94157739b997cacce151586a0d07bb8a, which is
the one I used for the backport.

And here is the corresponding commit in the 5.15.y branch:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/include/linux/overflow.h?h=v5.15.194&id=ed6e37e30826b12572636c6bbfe6319233690c90
However, the commit message there references a different hash:
a49a64b5bf195381c09202c524f0f84b5f3e816f.

---
Regards, Eliav

---

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2025 15:21:18 +0200

> a49a64b5bf195381c09202c524f0f84b5f3e816f.

Ugh, that hash is invalid, I missed that :(

Thanks for the info, I'll go work on queueing these up.

greg k-h