Subject: Arch-announce Digest, Vol 20, Issue 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 08:04:07 +0000

Send Arch-announce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send a message with subject or
body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Arch-announce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. [arch-announce] Cleaning up old repositories
      (Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Sven-Hendrik Haase)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 00:30:30 -0000
From: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Sven-Hendrik Haase"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: [arch-announce] Cleaning up old repositories
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <173975223054.75145.15845316613458243726@archlinux>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Around two years ago, we&#x27;ve merged the `[community]` repository into `[extra]` as part of the [git migration](https://archlinux.org/news/git-migration-completed/).
In order to not break user setups, 
we kept these repositories around in an unused and empty state.
We&#x27;re going to clean up these old repositories on **2025-03-01**.

On systems where `/etc/pacman.conf` still references the old 
`[community]` repository, `pacman -Sy` will return an error on trying to 
sync repository metadata.

The following deprecated repositories will be removed: `[community]`, 
`[community-testing]`, `[testing]`, `[testing-debug]`, `[staging]`, 
`[staging-debug]`.

Please make sure to remove all use of the aforementioned repositories from your `/etc/pacman.conf` (for which a `.pacnew` was shipped with `pacman&gt;=6.0.2-7`)!

URL: https://archlinux.org/news/cleaning-up-old-repositories/

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Arch-announce mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Arch-announce Digest, Vol 20, Issue 1
********************************************