Subject: Arch-announce Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 08:03:59 +0000

Send Arch-announce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send a message with subject or
body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Arch-announce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. [arch-announce] Manual intervention for pacman 7.0.0 and local repositories required
      (Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Morten Linderud)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 11:40:54 -0000
From: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Morten Linderud"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: [arch-announce] Manual intervention for pacman 7.0.0 and
	local repositories required
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <172631405490.2820.9437910692395261519@archlinux>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

With the release of [version 7.0.0][0] pacman has added support for
downloading packages as a separate user with dropped privileges.

For users with local repos however this might imply that the download
user does not have access to the files in question, which can be fixed
by assigning the files and folder to the `alpm` group and ensuring the
executable bit (`+x`) is set on the folders in question.

    $ chown :alpm -R /path/to/local/repo

Remember to [merge the .pacnew][1] files to apply the new default.

Pacman also introduced [a change][2] to improve checksum stability for
git repos that utilize `.gitattributes` files. This might require a
one-time checksum change for `PKGBUILD`s that use git sources.

[0]: https://gitlab.archlinux.org/pacman/pacman/-/blob/master/NEWS?ref_type=heads
[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Pacnew_and_Pacsave
[2]: https://gitlab.archlinux.org/pacman/pacman/-/commit/9548d6cc765b1a8dcf933e8b1b89d0bcc3e50209

URL: https://archlinux.org/news/manual-intervention-for-pacman-700-and-local-repositories-required/

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Arch-announce mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Arch-announce Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1
********************************************