Subject: Arch-announce Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2025 08:03:53 +0000

Send Arch-announce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send a message with subject or
body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Arch-announce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. [arch-announce] Plasma 6.4.0 will need manual intervention if you are on X11
      (Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Tomaz Canabrava)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2025 07:08:17 -0000
From: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Tomaz Canabrava"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: [arch-announce] Plasma 6.4.0 will need manual intervention if
	you are on X11
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <175040329793.1460397.6455609039766490426@archlinux>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

On Plasma 6.4 the wayland session will be the only one installed when the users does not manually specify kwin-x11.

With the recent split of kwin into kwin-wayland and kwin-x11, users running the old X11 session needs to manually install plasma-x11-session, or they will not be able to login. Currently pacman is not able to figure out your personal setup, and it wouldn&#x27;t be ok to install plasma-x11-session and kwin-x11 for every
one using Plasma.

### tldr: Install plasma-x11-session if you are still using x11

URL: https://archlinux.org/news/plasma-640-will-need-manual-intervention-if-you-are-on-x11/

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Arch-announce mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Arch-announce Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1
********************************************