Subject: Arch-announce Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 08:06:02 +0000

Send Arch-announce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send a message with subject or
body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Arch-announce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. [arch-announce] Glibc 2.41 corrupting Discord installation
      (Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Frederik Schwan)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 11:24:25 -0000
From: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Frederik Schwan"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: [arch-announce] Glibc 2.41 corrupting Discord installation
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <173858186546.254921.2799453206882702812@archlinux>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

We plan to move `glibc` and its friends to stable later today, Feb 3. After installing the update, the Discord client will show a red warning that the installation is corrupt.

This issue has been fixed in the Discord canary build. If you rely on audio connectivity, please use the canary build, login via browser or the flatpak version until the fix hits the stable Discord release.

There have been no reports that (written) chat connectivity is affected.

URL: https://archlinux.org/news/glibc-241-corrupting-discord-installation/

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Arch-announce mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Arch-announce Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1
********************************************