Subject: Arch-announce Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2024 08:03:44 +0000

Send Arch-announce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send a message with subject or
body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Arch-announce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. [arch-announce] The sshd service needs to be restarted after upgrading to openssh-9.8p1
      (Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Robin Candau)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2024 16:40:26 -0000
From: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Robin Candau"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: [arch-announce] The sshd service needs to be restarted after
	upgrading to openssh-9.8p1
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <171985202680.551.10638677344984435528@archlinux>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

After upgrading to `openssh-9.8p1`, the existing SSH daemon will be unable to accept new connections (see &lt;https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/packaging/packages/openssh/-/issues/5&gt;).  
When upgrading remote hosts, please make sure to restart the sshd service
using `systemctl try-restart sshd` right after upgrading.

We are evaluating the possibility to automatically apply a restart of the sshd service on upgrade in a future release of the openssh-9.8p1 package.

URL: https://archlinux.org/news/the-sshd-service-needs-to-be-restarted-after-upgrading-to-openssh-98p1/

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Arch-announce mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Arch-announce Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2
********************************************