Subject: Arch-announce Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 08:07:47 +0000

Send Arch-announce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send a message with subject or
body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Arch-announce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. [arch-announce] Making dbus-broker our default D-Bus daemon
      (Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Jan Alexander Steffens)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 16:59:30 -0000
From: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Jan Alexander Steffens"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: [arch-announce] Making dbus-broker our default D-Bus daemon
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

We are making `dbus-broker` our default implementation of D-Bus, for
improved performance, reliability and integration with systemd.

For the foreseeable future we will still support the use of `dbus-daemon`,
the previous implementation. Pacman will ask you whether to install
`dbus-broker-units` or `dbus-daemon-units`. We recommend picking the
default.

For a more detailed rationale, please see our [RFC 25][1].

[1]: https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/rfcs/-/blob/master/rfcs/0025-dbus-broker-default.rst

URL: https://archlinux.org/news/making-dbus-broker-our-default-d-bus-daemon/

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Arch-announce mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Arch-announce Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1
********************************************